You can access Phoneline Banking via your telephone from any touch-tone telephone.
If you do not have a touch-tone telephone you should find a switch on your telephone to make it compatible or alternatively check with your telephone service provider.
Features of Phoneline Banking
You can check your account balance and also hear your available funds balance (on eligible accounts*) which will allow you to check how much you can transfer and withdraw from your account.
You can check the most recent transactions on your accounts, including your Visa Card and MasterCard transactions.
You can get details of pending Visa debit card transactions (on eligible accounts*) – these are transactions which you have completed but have not yet been taken from your account.
You can confirm whether a cheque you have written has been presented for payment within the previous six months or previous 100 transactions.
You can transfer money between your accounts, or into your registered accounts. You can also transfer money from your Visa Card or Mastercard account into your own accounts or to your registered accounts. To set up registered accounts to transfer money through Phoneline Banking you must complete the Phoneline Banking services form.
You can pay bills to a selection of bill companies through Phoneline Banking. To set up bills to pay through Phoneline Banking you must complete the Phoneline Banking services form. The companies and codes of the billers available through Phoneline Banking are:
Company Bill Payment Details
||Cable and TV
||First Trust Bank Visa
Bank of Ireland Visa
Capital One Visa
MINT Gold Visa
MINT Classic Visa
Northern Bank Visa
RBS Classic Visa
RBS Gold Visa
RBS Platinum Visa
Tesco Platinum Visa
Tesco Classic Visa
||First Trust Bank MasterCard
Bank of Ireland MasterCard
Capital One MasterCard
Marks and Spencers MasterCard
Northern Bank MasterCard
MINT Classic MasterCard
RBS Affinity MasterCard
RBS Gold MasterCard
||Storecards and Mail Order
Marks and Spencers
||Land and Property Services (Rates)
Order a Statement
Request a statement for any statement based accounts you have registered and it will be posted to you within a few days.
- Personal Business Customers - Phoneline Banking is available to sole-traders and partnerships whose mandate requires only one signatory on cheques and other banking instruments. These services are not available to limited and unlimited companies, clubs, societies and charities.
- Your registered accounts may be in any name(s) and may be held with First Trust Bank or any other Financial Institution.
- There is no registration fee for the use of Phoneline Banking. (Excludes cost of telephone rental and calls.) If you are liable to pay transaction fees on your account, Phoneline Banking transactions will be charged at the current 'automated transaction' rate.
- On Joint Accounts, all account holders are jointly and severally liable for all Phoneline Banking Transactions carried out on their accounts.
- You cannot pay bills from your First Trust Bank Visa or MasterCard accounts.
* Accounts with a Visa debit card or overdraft facility
Back to top